Braavos, Inc. dba Bannerman
Last Revised: 11/04/2014
Questions; Contacting Company; Reporting Violations
309 2nd Ave #2
San Francisco, CA 94118
A Note About Children.
We do not intentionally gather Personal Data from visitors who are under the age of 13. If a child under 13 submits Personal Data to Company and we learn that the Personal Data is the information of a child under 13, we will attempt to delete the information as soon as possible. If you believe that we might have any Personal Data from a child under 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Types of Data We Collect.“Personal Data”
means data that allows someone to identify or contact you, including, for example, your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, as well as any other non-public information about you that is associated with or linked to any of the foregoing data. “Anonymous Data” means data that is not associated with or linked to your Personal Data; Anonymous Data does not, by itself, permit the identification of individual persons. We collect Personal Data and Anonymous Data, as described below.
Information You Provide to Us.
If you are using the Site and Services (“Clients”) to request security services (“Security Services”):
- When you create an account to log in to our Site or Application (“Account”) as a Client, we may collect Personal Data from you, such as your first and last name, e-mail address, phone number, password, your photo, and credit card information.
- When you submit a request for Security Services on our Site or Application, we will collect all information necessary to complete the transaction, including but not limited to, the address where the services will be provided, date of service, your contact information and instructions for the Guard(s) (defined below) who will be performing the Security Services.
- After the Security Services have been provided to you, we may ask for you to provide a rating for the Guard(s) who provided the Security Services (“Rating”) and for any comments or feedback regarding the performance of the Security Services.
If you are a provider of Security Services (“Guards”):
- When you create an Account as a Guard, we may collect Personal Data from you, such as your first and last name, e-mail and mailing addresses, phone number, California Bureau of Security Investigative Services (“BSIS”) license number or other state license number, where applicable (“Guard Card Number”), shirt size, type of phone owned, password, and bank account information.
- We may collect additional Personal Data in order to establish your profile on the Site or Application (“Profile”). The Personal Data we may collect as part of your Profile includes your photo, any text, messages or comments you submit, and any other information you choose to submit.
All users of the Site, Application and/or Services:
- If you use our Services on your mobile device, including through our Application(s), we may collect your phone number and the unique device ID number.
- If you tell us where you are (e.g., by allowing your mobile device to send us your location), we may store and use that information to provide you with location-based information and advertising. If you want to deactivate this feature, you can either uninstall the Application(s) or deactivate GPS on your mobile device.
- Our mobile homepage lets you store preferences like your location, safe search settings, and favorite widgets. We may associate these choices with your ID or the mobile device, and you can edit these preferences at any time on our mobile homepage.
- When you participate in one of our surveys, we may collect additional profile information.
- Certain Services may require our collection of your phone number. We may associate that phone number to your mobile device identification information.
- We retain information on your behalf, such as files and messages that you create, send or store using your Account.
- If you provide us feedback or contact us via e-mail, we will collect your name and e-mail address, as well as any other content included in the e-mail, in order to send you a reply.
- When you participate in one of our surveys, we may collect additional profile information.
- We also collect other types of Personal Data that you provide to us voluntarily, such as your operating system and version, and other requested information if you contact us via e-mail regarding support for the Services.
- We may also collect Personal Data at other points in our Site that state that Personal Data is being collected.
Information You Provide to Facebook and other Social Networking Sites (“SNS(s)”).
Information Collected via Technology.
- Information Collected by Our Servers. To make our Site and Services more useful to you, our servers (which may be hosted by a third party service provider) collect information from you, including your browser type, operating system, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address (a number that is automatically assigned to your computer when you use the Internet, which may vary from session to session), domain name, and/or a date/time stamp for your visit.
- Mobile Services. We may also collect non-personal information from your mobile device if you have downloaded our Application(s). This information is generally used to help us deliver the most relevant information to you. Examples of information that may be collected and used include your geographic location, how you use the Application(s), and information about the type of device you use. In addition, in the event our Application(s) crash on your mobile device, we will receive information about your mobile device model software version and device carrier, which allows us to identify and fix bugs and otherwise improve the performance of our Application(s). This information is sent to us as aggregated information and is not traceable to any individual and cannot be used to identify an individual.
Information Collected from You About Others.
If you decide to invite a third party to create an Account, we will collect your and the third party’s names and e-mail addresses in order to send an e-mail and follow up with the third party. We rely upon you to obtain whatever consents from the third party that may be required by law to allow us to access and upload the third party’s names and e-mail addresses as required above. You or the third party may contact us at email@example.com to request the removal of this information from our database. Also, when you invite friends to the Services, we may access your Address Book and we may import your contacts names and phone numbers in order to facilitate the invitation. In this case, the e-mail that is sent to your friends will come from your e-mail address so that your friends know that you want to invite them to visit the Site. We also collect some settings that help us to interpret your data, such as the language and keyboard settings that you have established, and your phone’s carrier, mobile network code and mobile country code.
Information Collected from Third Party Companies.
We may receive Personal and/or Anonymous Data about you from third party companies that may supply us with Personal Data. We may add this information to the information we have already collected from you via our Site in order to improve the Services we provide.
If you have enabled location services on your phone, we may collect your location information to make a map available to the recipients of your messages showing your location. If you do not want this information collected by us, you can disable location services on your phone.
Use of Your Personal Data
Disclosure of Your Personal Data.
- Users. We will share your Personal Data with other users solely for the purpose of providing the Services, including to facilitate the Security Services.
- Third Party Service Providers. We may share your Personal Data with third party service providers to: provide you with the Services that we offer you through our Site; to conduct quality assurance testing; to facilitate creation of accounts; to provide technical support; and/or to provide other services to the Company. These third party service providers are required not to use your Personal Data other than to provide the services requested by Company.
- Guard Profile. As an essential element of the Services, most of the Personal Data you provide to us when you register or update your Account, as well as the average Rating that we establish for you, becomes a part of your Profile. We use your Profile to match you to Client requests for Security Services, facilitate booking Security Services and generally provide you with the Services. You may view a dashboard which includes your Profile, but the Profile is not available to other users of the Site or the Services. Notwithstanding the foregoing, we may share certain information in your Profile with a Client after you are booked to provide Security Services for that Client.
Third Party Websites.
Your Choices Regarding Information.
You have several choices regarding the use of information on our Service:
- Cookies. If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to accept Cookies from our Service for any of the purposes described above, then you can instruct your browser, by changing its settings, to stop accepting Cookies or to prompt you before accepting a Cookie from the websites you visit. Consult your browser’s technical information. If you do not accept Cookies, however, you may not be able to use all portions of the Service or all functionality of the Service. If you have any questions about how to disable or modify Cookies, please let us know at the contact information provided above.
- De-Linking SNS. If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to have your SNS account (e.g., Facebook) linked to your Account, where linking may be available, then you may de-link the SNS account in the “preferences” section in your account settings. You may also manage the sharing of certain Personal Data with us when you connect with us through an SNS, such as through Facebook Connect. Please refer to the privacy settings of the SNS to determine how you may adjust our permissions and manage the interactivity between the Services and your social media account or mobile device.
- Changing or Deleting Your Personal Data. You may change any of your Personal Data in your Account by editing your profile within your Account or by sending an e-mail to us at the e-mail address set forth below. You may request deletion of your Personal Data by us, and we will use commercially reasonable efforts to honor your request, but please note that we may be required to keep such information and not delete it (or to keep this information for a certain time, in which case we will comply with your deletion request only after we have fulfilled such requirements). When we delete any information, it will be deleted from the active database, but may remain in our archives. We may also retain your information for fraud or similar purposes.
- Applications. You can stop all collection of information by the Application(s) by uninstalling the Application(s). You may use the standard uninstall processes as may be available as part of your mobile device or via the mobile application marketplace or network.
Third Party Payment Processing.
For online payments and/or Automated Clearing House (ACH) payouts, we use the payment services of Stripe (https://stripe.com). We do not process, record or maintain your credit card or bank account information. For more information on how payments are handled, or to understand the data security and privacy afforded such information, please refer tohttps://stripe.com/us/term.